English Level A2
At this level you can understand:
- Very basic personal, family and job-related language
- Enough to meet the needs with slow, clear speech
- Short, simple texts on familiar matter
What can you do with an A2 level in English?
An A2 level of English is sufficient for tourism in an English-speaking country and socializing with English speakers, although to develop deeper friendships an A2 level is not adequate. An A2 level of English also allows for networking with English-speaking colleagues, but working in English is limited to very familiar topics at the A2 level. An A2 level of English is not sufficient for academic study or for consuming most English- language media (TV, movies, radio, magazines, etc.).
According to the official CEFR guidelines, someone at the A2 level in English:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
A2 level English skills in detail
The official can-do statements are broken down into smaller pieces for teaching purposes. This more detailed skill breakdown can help you assess your own English level, or help a teacher assess a student’s level. For example, a student at the A2 level in English will be able to do all the things that a student in level A1 can do, and in addition he will be able to:
- Evaluate coworkers’ performance in the workplace.
- Relate events from your past, including your weekend activities and interesting stories.
- Describe your past life, giving details about important milestones.
- Entertain someone in your home or visit a friend or colleague in their home.
- Discuss your vacation plans and tell friends and colleagues about your vacation afterwards.
- Talk about the natural world and travels to see animals and natural areas in your country.
- Talk about movies that you like and choose a movie to see with friends.
- Discuss clothing and what kind of clothes you like to wear.
- Engage in basic communication at work, including attending meetings on familiar topics.
- Describe an accident or injury, get medical help from a doctor and fill a prescription for medicine.
- Engage in basic business socializing, welcoming guests and attending networking events.
- Understand and make basic business proposals in your area of expertise.
- Talk about and explain the rules of games.
Although progress will depend on the type of course and the individual student, students can expect to reach the A2 level in English with 200 hours of cumulative instruction.
Do you want to get more information about the private classes with Petra?
👉 I WANT TO GET MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE PRIVATE CLASSES
Do you want to consult Petra about your English level?
👉 I WANT TO BOOK THE ONLINE CONSULTATION
Do you want to book your first lesson and start your English journey?
👉 I WANT TO BOOK MY FIRST ONLINE LESSON