The environment refers to the surroundings in which people, animals, and plants develop and exist.
Modern life has many advantages, but at the same time, we produce a lot of waste. We pollute and damage the environment in which we live.
Current Environmental issues
The most serious environmental issues of today are:
1. The pollution of air, water, and soil/ land.
These forms of pollution are caused by smoke, harmful gases, heat, radiation, and poisonous chemicals. Basically, the outcome of human activities.
2. The greenhouse effect that causes global warming.
This is a situation when the heat from Earth cannot escape from the atmosphere, and the temperature on Earth goes up as a result. This causes weather changes, and even natural disasters, such as:
3. The destruction of wildlife and the disappearance of many species of
animals and plants. There is “The Red List of Threatened Species” – this is a list of rare plants and animals that are protected. Included here are some kinds of rhinos, elephants, and turtles, among others.
4. Deforestation – this is the cutting down of trees for firewood or building materials.
5. The destruction of tropical rain forests. The forests are “The lungs of the
6. The breaking of the ozone layer.
Why is the ozone layer so important? It serves as a filter that protects the Earth from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays. Without the Ozone layer, life on Earth would not be possible. People, plants, and animals cannot live and grow in heavy ultraviolet radiation.
7. Consumer society, which produces too much waste.
Air pollution is the most severe problem in large cities and areas with large-scale industrial production.
1. FACTORIES produce much waste, such as:
2. Great amounts of pollution also come from HEAVY TRAFFIC and AIR TRAVEL
The ozone layer in the atmosphere serves as a filter for harmful light from the sun. With dangerous gases – CFCs, carbon dioxide from cars and power stations we damage this layer and it causes many diseases such as skin cancer, or allergies.
1.FACTORIES release poisonous materials, and life from the water disappears
2. We THROW PLASTIC WASTE into rivers and pollute them.
3. We use TOO MANY DETERGENTS (cleaning products) instead of natural cleaning products (e.g., vinegar).
4. OIL SLICKS from tankers destroy wildlife in the seas and rivers.
1. FARMERS also pollute the soil when they use a lot of chemicals = pesticides, and fertilizers instead of natural ones. These kill birds, insects, and animals.
2. LITTER – the massive amount of rubbish from our households and take-away food is also a significant threat to the environment.
How to protect the environment and become Eco-Friendly
We need air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, and space to live and move, and that’s why we must protect the environment.
SOLUTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
Save energy, water, and petrol
Support the so-called: „ Circular Economy. “
The Circular Economy focuses on products and materials that can be used repeatedly.
The keyword of this philosophy is „ re-use. “
Sort out domestic rubbish and take it to special containers:
Do not drop litter in nature. Do not drop litter in the countryside. Recycle.
Protect plants and animals
Buy products wisely
Support Environmental organizations
They conserve, protect and monitor the environment against the misuses or degradation from human forces . Included here are: